Parks and Recreation Cancellations
PARKS AND RECREATION CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS
To reduce the risk of exposure of COVID-19 to our employees and the community, the Town of Wendell’s Parks and Recreation Department has made the following scheduling adjustments beginning Saturday, March 14, 2020:
- Postpone all senior classes at Wendell Community Center (Zumba, Line Dancing, Tap Dancing, and Morning Walks) until further notice.
- Postpone all adult and youth athletics programs until April 11, 2020
(Youth T-Ball, Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball; Adult Co-ed Softball).
- Suspend all Community Center Programs until April 11, 2020
(Yoga, Pickleball, Open Gym and Zumba).
- Suspend Track-Out Camp is canceled until Monday, April 13, 2020.
- Postpone ProTown BMX special event set for March 21, 2020 to a future date to be determined.
- Cancel Arbor Day’s Public Celebration set for March 21, 2020.
- Cancel Opening Day special event for youth athletics scheduled for April 25, 2020.
- Cancel Community Center rentals through April 13, 2020 and no new special events or rentals will be scheduled for this time period.
- Passage Church Wendell Egg Hunt set for April 11, 2020 is being evaluated with a decision to occur within 2 weeks of the event.
The Wendell Community Park open spaces (outdoors) will remain open under normal operating hours.
Staff will continue to monitor the situation and seek advice from public health officials to determine next steps. Please check the Town of Wendell website at https://www.townofwendell.com/ for notifications regarding cancellations.