Friday, July 21, 2017 @ 12 noon - Municipal filing closes at the Wake County Board of Elections, 337 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC
This year three members of the Wendell Town Board of Commissioners have terms expiring: Commissioners Jon Lutz, John Boyette, and Jason Joyner.
What does the Town Board of Commissioners do for the Town of Wendell?
- Establishes a tax rate
- Adopts a budget for how the Town will spend its money
- Sets policies for municipal services
- Passes ordinances to regulate behavior
- Enters into contracts and agreements
- Makes appointments to boards and committees
- Appoints Town Manager, Town Clerk, and Town Attorney
Additional information on who may file, when to file, where to file, what to bring to file and the cost to file are available at the Wake County Board of Elections website: http://www.wakegov.com/elections/candidates/Pages/candidate_filing.aspx or calling the Wake County Board of Elections at 919-856-6240.