The 2020 Farmers Market is Open!
The Wendell Farmers Market is now open! In order to keep our vendors and shoppers safe, and following recommendations from the CDC regarding transmission of COVID-19, we are asking everyone take following steps:
- Keep visits short. Please do not socialize or linger. This is not the opportunity to congregate. Select vendors are offering pre-orders – see more information below.
- Shop on your own. Please leave your dogs, children and senior family members at home.
- Shop later when attendance is lower.
- Stay home if you’re sick!
- If you are an at-risk population, consider having a friend or family member shop for you to minimize your exposure.
- Practice social distancing of 6’ or greater.
- We encourage you to wear a mask.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep people safe:
- Vendor booths will be placed at least 6 feet apart, and spots will be marked 6’ apart for shoppers to stand in line.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for public use.
- No special market events will be held at this time.
Vendors at the Market
Check out our Facebook page to see who will be in attendance each week!
The Wendell Farmers Market (WFM) creates the opportunity for people to buy locally grown and produced products.
Goals and Vision
The Wendell Farmers Market seeks to:
- Increase access to fresh, locally produced and safe food for all people;
- Encourage, support and promote the efforts of local, independent and small-scale farmers, local growers and local artisans seeking to sell their products/produce directly to consumers;
- Create an opportunity for people to meet, eat and share stories, recipes and knowledge in a place dedicated to cultivating local products and talents; and
- Strive to create an atmosphere that serves not only the market, but also contributes to and promotes a sense of community.
Participation in WFM is open to growers, harvesters, bakers, makers of prepared food, and artisans (who will be called "vendors" from here on). The market strives to be a producers-only market. Vendors must participate in the production of the products they sell.
Location and Times
Location: Corner of Campen Street and Main Street in Downtown Wendell
Selling Season: May 16 - October 3
Days/Times: Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Vendor Applications can be returned via email to Assistant to the Manager Stephanie Smith or they can be dropped off in print by appointment at Town Hall, 15 E Fourth Street, Wendell, NC, 27591. Please call 919-365-4450 to schedule an appointment to drop off.