The Town of Wendell has an Interactive Waste Collection/Recycling Map for when your trash and recycling will be picked up!
Simply type in your address as follows:
409 LANDING VIEW DR
Then, your pickup days will be listed in the left-hand side task bar. For your recycling calendar, click the link in the box next to "Recycling".
You can also review the calendars at the bottom of this page for a PDF version of when your collection dates are. These will have the holiday closures listed as reference for when GFL is not collecting trash due to a holday.
Town of Wendell contracts with GFL to dispose of household solid waste inside the corporate limits of Wendell. The solid waste fee is billed on the utility statement. Trash and Yard Waste are picked up weekly. Recycling is picked up every other week. For damaged cans, please call GFL at 919-394-8801
Business and Commercial:
Business and Commercial entities should contact the solid waste provider of their choice for service.
New In Town Residents:
When you contact the City of Raleigh billing department for water service, you are automatically added to the solid waste collection service. However, if the home is new construction, you will need to call GFL at 919-394-8801 to have the address added for service and to have carts delivered.
For all Wendell residents, a few reminders on trash/recycling and yard waste collection.
- Cans are encouraged to be set out the night before collection due to varying hours of service by our provider.
- Per Town ordinance, containers may be placed at the roadside as early as 7 am the day preceding pickup but must be removed from the roadside no later than 7 am the day following collection.
- Please keep in mind that all cans need to be behind the curb line and where there is no curb they need to be off of the paved surface.
- Material placed outside of trash, recycling or yard waste cans will not be collected by the contractor.
- Missed collection issues with GFL can be handled by calling 919-365-4822 and extension 1.
- Don’t forget that the Town provides a (3) times yearly courtesy pickup of yard waste. Simply call the Public Works Department to schedule. Helpful hint: For large projects generating debris be certain to contact Public Works early so you can coordinate your trimming with our next scheduled collection date.
Wendell 2022-2023 Collection Map:
GFL provides trash pickup services on Mondays or Tuesdays, on a weekly basis.
GFL provides recycling pickup on Mondays or Tuesdays, every other week.
The Town of Wendell provides daily leaf pickup services the first two weeks of November, December, and January.