ABC Permits

Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) Permits 

If you plan on serving alcoholic beverages in your establishment, you must apply for an ABC Permit. You will need to submit an ABC permit application to the Wendell Planning Department. A Commercial Non-Building permit under the category "Fences,Walls, Signs, Awnings" must also be submitted on the Wake County Permit Portal at  in order to trigger inspections by the Wake County Building Inspector and Fire Marshall. Your permit will need to be signed off by the Building Inspector, Fire Marshall and the Wendell Planning Department. The completed ABC Permit must then be submitted to the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Commission for review, final approval and to pay associated fees. 

NOTE: The Planning Department does not issue ABC Permits. The North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission issues ABC Permits. 

For more questions about ABC permits, please contact the contact the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission at (919) 779-0700 or or Planning Department at (919) 365-4448.