COVID-19 Cancellations and Closures
The following is a list of updates on facilities, events and meetings that are closed or canceled in response to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Information
- Información sobre COVID-19
- Wake County FAQs
- Preguntas frecuentes del Condado Wake
- Guidance for Businesses
- Directrices para negocios
- News Releases
- Guidance for Doctors and Healthcare Providers
- COVID-19-Related Closings and Changes to Service
- Food Resources
- Guidance for Nursing Homes
- Help for Residents
- Ayuda para residentes
- About the Data
- Anyone with specific questions about businesses can call wake county at (919) 856-7420
- CDC's Website: for health-related questions concerning COVID-19.
- Raliegh Chamber Rapid Response Website: provides information about frequently-asked questions for small businesses.
- Wake County Economic Development COVID-19 Website: information and resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Loans: the SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue.
- NC Commerce Unemployment Information: the NC Employment Security Division is publishing instructions and guidance to help you understand new changes to the state's unemployment system, due to the recent impacts of the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- NC Healthcare Association PSA: Stay Home
- Governor Roy Cooper Issues Executive Order No. 121: Stay at Home Order and Strategic Directions for North Carolina in Response to Increasing COVID-19 Cases (March 27)
- Wake County Board of Commissioners Releases Proclamation of Emergency Restrictions (March 26)
- News Release: Wake County Issues Stay-at-Home Proclamation to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 (March 26)
- Governor Roy Cooper Issues Executive Order No. 120: Additional Limitations on Mass Gatherings, Restrictions on Venues and Long Term Care Facilities, and Extension of School Closure Date (March 23)
- Wake Announces New Restrictions to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 (March 22)
- Wake County Signed Proclamation of Emergency Restrictions (March 22)
- Wake County New Restrictions FAQs (March 22)
- Mayor Virginia Gray has Declared a State of Emergency for the Town of Wendell, North Carolina (March 17)
- Wendell Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2020 at 7 PM is Canceled.
- Opening Day special event for youth athletics scheduled for April 25, 2020 Canceled
- Canceled: Community Center rentals through May 1, 2020 and no new special events or rentals will be scheduled for this time period.
- To reduce the risk of exposure of COVID-19 to our employees and the community, the Town of Wendell is cancelling all scheduled Wendell Advisory Boards until further notice.
- Passage Church Wendell Egg Hunt set for April 11, 2020 has been canceled.
- Wendell Park Community Center Closed to the Public
- Wendell Police Department Response to COVID-19
- Due to COVID-19, the Town Hall facility has closed to walk-in visitors, and access to Town Hall is by appointment only. Staff are on-site or working remotely to field calls and address the concerns of residents. Residents are urged to take advantage of services that can be handled over the phone or online. To schedule an appointment, please call 919-365-4450 to be directed to the appropriate party.\
Public Works leaf and limb service will continue, but with reduced staffing to allow for social distancing, work may take longer to complete. We recommend the following to allow for efficient service:-Only place what yard waste out that you absolutely must get rid of, take a break on large projects as it may take longer for debris to be picked up.-Keep piles small, condensed and neat. This will allow for speedier pickup with reduced staffing.-Consider starting a compost pile for leaves, grass, mulch and other compostable items to reduce amount of debris at the curb.-Remember to not block street drains and to keep yard waste contained outside of the travel lanes. Code Enforcement may contact those who do not comply.
With Town Hall Closure to Public, Planning Department Offering Drop-Off Submittals
The Wendell Planning Department will begin accepting submittals via drop-off only until Town Hall is reopened to the public.
A set of drop-off bins will be located within the Town Hall main entrance vestibule to accommodate incoming submittals and correspondence. Town Hall shall remain locked, so applicants must call and make an appointment to drop off material. A reduced staff remains on site to permit entry into the main entrance where bins are located. When entering, please allow the staff member to exit the main entrance vestibule before fully entering. Bins, which will be accessible 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, will be provided to accommodate the following services:
Planning Department Zoning Applications and Development Permits (Planning Bin)
1) Please deposit your application and supporting documents in the bin labeled for the “Planning Department." If you are dropping off site and/or subdivision plans, please deposit the required number of plan sets (and application materials if first submittal) in the bin labeled “Planning.” An electronic copy of development plans should also be provided to Bryan Coates (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jeannine Ngwira (email@example.com) via email and/or by electronic download. Please ensure that all contact information is printed legibly on your application form. If there is no room inside the bin, please place directly adjacent to the bin.
2) If payment is required (if no payment is required, skip to item #3):
- If paying by check, please leave your check attached to the application and/or plans. We will process and send you a copy of your receipt via email.
- The Town can accept credit card payment option for zoning and development fees over the phone. The Town is suspending cash payment options for zoning and development fees.
3) Please call 919-365-4448 to contact the “Planner of the Day” working at Town Hall to schedule a time to deposit your application and/or plan in the bin. If you do not reach a staff member using the provided number, you may also call 919-365-4450 to be put in touch with the appropriate party. Staff will be retrieving applications and/or plans periodically during the day.
Residential/Commercial Building Permits Bin (Inspections Bin)
1) All building and trade plans should be submitted electronically through the Wake County Energov Permit Portal (http://www.wakegov.com/permitportal/Pages/default.aspx).
2) If you have no means of submitting electronic plans through the Permit Portal, please call 919-365-4448 to set up a time to deposit the appropriate residential/commercial/mechanical permit application (available at https://www.townofwendell.com/departments/planning/development/applications) with a copy of your building plans in the bin labeled “Building Permits.” . Staff will be retrieving applications and/or plans periodically during the day and will scan your material and submit them into the Permit Portal.
3) It is imperative that all contact information is printed legibly on your application form or outside of the envelopes provided. If there is no room inside the bin, please place directly adjacent to the bin.
5) Staff will review your materials and notify you if any items need to be submitted that were not included.
6) Staff will be contacting you to process payments for building and trade permits. Please do not leave any checks prior to being notified to leave payment for permit issuance.
7) All City of Raleigh fees for utilities will be processed and can then be paid by credit card or check. Payments by credit cards will be done over the phone on the day of issuance. Check payments will be submitted prior to permit issuance and processed on the day of release.
8) Please call 919-365-4448 to contact the permitting staff working at Town Hall during normal hours if you have any questions or need assistance with what is required to be placed in the bin.
Plans and Plats ready for Signature (Planning Bin)
To drop off hard copies of plans for signature or mylars of plats requested to be submitted by staff, call 919-365-4448 to schedule a time to submit your plans or mylars in the Planning Bin. Signed plans or mylars may only be picked up by appointment only. To pick up plats or plans, please call the planner of the day or e-mail the appropriate department staff member to make specific arrangements for pick up.
- All senior classes at Wendell Community Center (Zumba, Line Dancing, Tap Dancing, and Morning Walks) until further notice.
- All Youth T-Ball, Youth Volleyball, Youth Soccer & Adult Co-ed Softball programs until May 1, 2020.
- Youth Baseball and Softball until May 15, 2020.
- All Community Center Programs until May 1, 2020 (Yoga, Pickleball, Open Gym, Tot Time and Zumba).
- Suspend Track-Out Camp is canceled until further notice.