The public will take notice that the Wendell Board of Commissioners has scheduled the following hearings for Monday, April 8, 2019 at 7 PM at Wendell Town Hall, 15 E Fourth Street:
- PUBLIC HEARING for a map amendment request to rezone 17 acres located behind Industrial Drive, accessed by Church Street (PIN #1784326835; addressed as 0 Wendell Blvd.) from Manufacturing & Industrial (M&I) to Corridor Mixed Use (CMX). The Wendell Board of Commissioners reserves the right to change the existing zoning classification of the area in question or any part or parts thereof to a more restrictive general zoning classification without the necessity of withdrawal or modification of the petition. Approved 3-1; will come back to the Monday, April 22, 2019 Board Meeting for second reading [ NC GS 160A-75].
- EVIDENTIARY HEARING for a special use request to construct an 84-unit apartment complex on 17 acres located behind Industrial Drive, accessed by Church Street (PIN #1784326835; addressed as 0 Wendell Blvd.) - Continued to the Monday, April 22, 2019 Board meeting.
- EVIDENTIARY HEARING for a special use request by Marcus A Scott of The Way Church of God and True Holiness to permit a church at 2493 Wendell Blvd located at Knott Square Shopping Center, PIN # 1784-16-5487. - Approved
- PUBLIC HEARING for annexation petition A-19-03 for 11.64 acre tract located off of Charhouse Drive and adjacent to Knott Square Shopping Center; PIN # 1784-17-7071. - Approved
- PUBLIC HEARING for a zoning text amendment to chapter 6.5 of the UDO as it relates to exemptions for private property owners for stormwater runoff provisions. This text amendment is in accordance with NC GS 143-214.7(b3).- Approved
PUBLIC HEARINGS are legislative. Persons speaking will have five-minutes.
QUASI-JUDICIAL [EVIDENTIARY] HEARINGS - Quasi-judicial hearings are different than regular public hearings in that they resemble a court hearing where testimony is presented. The Town Board refrains from “ex parte communication” about these cases, as they must make a decision based solely on the written and oral evidence actually presented at the hearing itself. This means that the Town Board refrains from receiving any information about these cases outside the hearing, including emails, phone calls, letters, etc. The Town Board also refrains from conducting meetings about these issues outside the hearing.
These same prohibitions do not apply to staff. Staff welcomes inquiries from the public about any of these cases.
Interested parties and citizens shall have opportunity to speak and may obtain additional information on the request from the Town of Wendell Zoning Administrator, 15 E. Fourth Street, Wendell, North Carolina 27591.
Sherry Scoggins, MMC; Town Clerk