The Appearance Commission's mission is to initiate, promote and assist in the implementation of programs of general community beautification within the town’s planning jurisdiction. In addition, it helps oversee implementation of the Downtown Façade Grant Program, help with implementation of Wayfinding Signage Program and conduct its own short and long range projects to help beautify the town.
|Member Name||Term Expires|
|Brian Pace - Chair||June 30,2020|
|Sandy Foutch - Vice Chair||June 30, 2020|
|Michael Eugene Hancock||June 30, 2020|
|Tiffany Graham||June 30, 2020|
|Allison Yeargin||June 30, 2018|
|Leigh Ann Thompson||June 30, 2018|
Patrick Reidy, Planner, (919) 365-4448, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Schedule and Bylaws
The Appearance Commission meetings are open to the public. They generally meet on the first Monday of each month. Stay abreast of upcoming Appearance Commission meetings, agendas or read past meeting minutes, please see the following link. Minutes and Agendas.
Downtown Façade Grant Program
This reimbursement grant program provide financial incentives to business and property owners to assist them in façade preservation and restoration that demonstrates enhanced and superior appearance and aesthetic improvements to a business, neighborhood and/or frontage on the public right-of-way.
Click here for copy of application and guidelines. The first come, first served dates to apply are January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, October 1st.
- Downtown Murals Community Survey
- Wendell Depot Mural (located at 100 W. Third Street along the N. Cypress Street side of the building)
- Oliver the "World's Largest Tobacco Worm" Mural (located at 15 W. Fourth Street along the N. Cypress Street side of the building)
- "Breath Deeply and Appreciate the Moment" Mural (located at 3541 Wendell Boulevard along the N. Main Street side of the building)
- "Small Town, Big Charm" Mural (located at 115 E. Third Street along the N. Pine Street side of the building)
- "Oliver Wendell Holmes" Quote Mural (located at 128 N. Main Street along the Wendell Boulevard side of the building)
- The "Chocolate Covered Strawberry Man" mural - believed to be Wake County's 1st trompe l'oeil (3D) mural (located at 235 Cook Street along the Wendell Falls Parkway side of the building)
View photos of projects the Appearance Commission has worked on recently. Send us photos of to help showcase beautiful places in Wendell. We will showcase selected photos on the Town of Wendell website regularly.
Volunteer Sign-up / Feedback Submission
Want to assist the Appearance Commission with projects or upcoming initiatives? Click on the “Volunteer Sign-up” form and provide us with your basic contact information so we can get in touch with you. Click the "Volunteer Sign-up" form and submit questions and comments to the Appearance Commission.