Small Business Resource Center
The Small Business Resource Center will house the following services to provide greater assistance to prospective small business owners looking to expand or relocate to Wendell.
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCE CENTER SERVICES:
- Small Business Resource Guide - Starting A Business in Wendell
- One-on-one counseling
- Available commercial properties for sale or lease information
- Information on business incentives available
- Downtown Facade Grant Program application & information
- Demographic data available on the town
- Downtown Wendell Brochure
- Forms needed to open a Business in Wendell
- Dedicated assistance with complex questions or issues
- Information on news, resources, training or entrepreneurial opportunities available locally or regionally
- Streamlined small business opening application process
- Connections with local resources such as Wendell Chamber of Commerce and others
- Information on recent development patterns or plans near neighborhoods of business choice
For questions on available information, please stop by or contact us at (919) 365-4448.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Where will you locate?
- Do you want to build a new structure?
- Do you plan to lease an existing building, suite, or office space?
- Are you thinking about working from your home?
Factors to think about:
- Is the zoning of the location appropriate for the proposed business?
- re there zoning conditions or site plan restrictions on the property where you wish to locate your business?
- Are there building code restrictions within a building, suite, or office space that would limit your business operations?
- Will you need to renovate the interior and/or exterior of an existing building or space? If so, how long will the plan approval And renovations take?
- Will there be enough available parking on-site? If leasing, does the landlord guarantee a certain number of parking spaces per tenant space?
- Are there requirements from other agencies, such as ABC permits for sale of alcoholic beverages or food safety permits/inspections from Environmental Health?