Inclement Weather Information
Our inclement weather policy is that once it is determined by staff that there are safety issues that would require cancelling a program, we will do the following to inform participants: 1) Update the game line (365-GAME), 2) Call or email all the coaches so that they may contact each member of their team, 3) Send out an text message to all members of the inclement weather texting service. If a game is cancelled, we will make every effort to reschedule and make up the game if at all possible.
Inclement Weather Hotline: CALL 365-GAME(4263)
In the event of inclement weather please call 365-GAME. Please keep in mind that our policy is to wait until 3:00pm to make any decisions regarding cancellations.
(It is free to sign up and normal text charges apply based on your phone plan)
We currently have a weather line for all to call when we have inclement weather (919)365-GAME. Now you can instantly be contacted by a text or email stating the status of the games in Wendell. Here is a new feature to our program that will hopefully help us all out with communication during bad weather. Send this to all your family and friends that would like to know the status of games. It is very simple.
- Click this link: Rained out Website
- In the search space, type Wendell and hit search. Click Wendell Parks and Recreation when it pops up on the screen. Knightdale has this also, so you can use their site too by typing in Knightdale in the search.
- It will give you the option to get the info sent to your phone via text or to your email address. Type in your 10 digit number or email and wait for a validation code. It comes almost immediately.
- Type in the validation code and then click which group you want to be included in – Baseball, Basketball or softball. You can click them all or just your child’s specific sport. We will be using Basketball for snow situations during the winter.
- Your text or email will have WPRD on it when it comes to your phone or email.
- When the season is over you can unsubscribe or stop the service.